TRI-COUNTY MASTER GARDENER RECERTIFICATION POLICY
REINSTATEMENT OF FORMERLY CERTIFIED MASTER GARDENER
A Tri-County Master Gardener who was formerly certified may reinstate his or her certified (active) status by completing the following requirements within a **6 month period:
1. Audit Master Gardener training courses, 5 mandatory and 2 elective, as outlined:
A. Invasive Plants (mandatory)
B. Turf grass (mandatory)
C. Pest Management (mandatory)
D. Soils (mandatory)
E. Vegetable Gardening (mandatory)
F. Plant Pathology (highly recommended)
G. Urban Tree Care (recommended)
H. All others (recommended)
2. Complete four (4), three hour sessions, answering the telephones in the Clemson Extension (Master Gardener) county office with a mentor or experienced Master Gardener. The initial session will be\
3. Record all hours in the on-line state reporting system.
4. The Master Gardener is thereafter responsible for meeting the requirements for annual recertification according to the policy. (10 continuing education hours and 20 volunteer hours)
5. Upon successful completion of the above requirements he or she is considered “Certified” and will be added to the “active” Master Gardener list and be eligible for all TCMG events and activities.